Writings Photos Code Contact Resume
What's more foolish. Using a pirated OS or using a OS that you don't know what is ?

You are here

Submitted by msameer on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 8:52am

...
- yeah, but i don't have skype now, i've formatted my laptop and installed OSX :P
...
* is that GNU/Darwin or the official OSX ?
* Darwin needs specific IDE controllers and stuff
- i'm not sure i didn't download it, i took it from a friend. but it types darwin at boot
* then it's darwin I guess
* what's the version number ?
- Mac OSX 10.4.8 , Kernel darwin 8.8.1
* i think it's OSX for x86
* no idea
* so u took your OS from a friend and we don't know exactly what it is!!
* and you are working as a sysadmin ?
* and you are still working as a sysadmin ?
- calm down man, i've asked him and he says that it's official OSX, but i doubt it's darwin
- i dunno exactly
* and you are still working as a sysadmin ?
* I'll publish this on my blog without mentioning names...
- ok , and i'll comment :D

Comments

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 9:04am

I can't believe this.. who could ever hire him!!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 9:07am

you did, don't forget that you still use pirated window$ everywhere, my boss :P

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 9:08am

That's ok... I still love you MACawy :)

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 9:09am

Hehehe.. i might be still using windows.. but I know what i am using :P

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 16/05/2007 - 9:13am

maybe you forgot how your laptop starts, takes 30 minutes i guess, right?

and for 'early terrorist', don't forget that you dunno how to install window$ on your siemens laptop. when you manage then start talkin :P

Submitted by Al-Basha (not verified) on Sat, 19/05/2007 - 6:32pm

lol at these comments. First of all Darwin is a component of OS X. OS X itself is made up of multiple components including Darwin, Mach and portions of NEXT.

Darwin BadWolf.local 8.9.0 Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.0: Thu Feb 22 20:54:07 PST 2007; root:xnu-792.17.14~1/RELEASE_PPC Power Macintosh powerpc

Looks like your buddy is running 10.4.8 or 10.4.7

Submitted by msameer on Sat, 19/05/2007 - 6:35pm

But why not GNU/Darwin ?

Submitted by Adriano (not verified) on Tue, 13/11/2007 - 2:29pm

It's unbelieveble

Submitted by aoc gold (not verified) on Thu, 17/04/2008 - 8:16am

I wish all OS installation conversations were published :D

Submitted by Ahmed Faissl (not verified) on Fri, 18/04/2008 - 6:35pm

Cooool Sameer.. :)
OSX86 was a terrible experience for me.. it is good when it works.. but if not, it will require changing half of your hardware.. so I quit trying till I get a damn Mac..!
mac computers and os's are really worth buying so don't pirate it.. or use linux, or bsd..
for your knowledge -everyone- Mac os has been built on FreeBSD 6..!
by the way.. the OpenDarwin project has died in 2006.. but as I said before: In FOSS world, dead can be resurrected..

Add new comment