Writings Photos Code Contact Resume
A new theme...

You are here

Submitted by msameer on Fri, 24/02/2006 - 7:56pm

Probably you can notice that ;-)

I still have to do a few things with javascript, Maybe I won't.

I guess I like the new colors, Someone deserves a big thank you for the basic logo especially when you know that she did the drawing on my iPAQ using the stylus. The rest was created using The GIMP and emacs. Emacs, The past, Present and future.

I wanted the theme to be pure CSS but I failed, I had to do the top part using tables and I'm telling you that it's UGLY.

Finally. IE, You suck *** *** ****, All various problems from float drops to breaking the semi-transparent PNG logo and forcing me to use a GIF one to doubling a div margin. While the first one was triggered by a resolution of 800*600, The last one was always happening.
Opera for windows had a very tiny problem with the small image in the top right of the footer but I'm ignoring it.

Drupal, I raise my non-Red Hat to everyone behind you. Easy theming, There might be problems due to the default drupal CSS but I was able to iron them out in a snap!

Windows, You suck, The colors aren't being displayed correctly, I don't know how or why but I don't really care.

I still need to reorganize a few things here and there but it takes time.

Comments

Submitted by Kareem (not verified) on Fri, 24/02/2006 - 9:43pm

Your previous one was much better, nevertheless "Acd" template was the perfect fit, it needed some modifications after all. Anyway, you seem happy. Congrats :P

Submitted by msameer on Sat, 25/02/2006 - 12:12am

Why was the previous one much better ?

Submitted by Kareem (not verified) on Sat, 25/02/2006 - 3:14pm

I think the current style is way too bloated, it would be nice to have the "Acd" template back. Some modifications in the CSS as providing an eyecandy color with a neat style is the whole thing.

Anyway, it's a personal preference (wel nas 2azwa2) ! We would babble about that forever, and it all returns to Sameer at the first place ;)

Good day.

Submitted by msameer on Sat, 25/02/2006 - 5:11pm

I'll ask you the same question, Why do you think it's bloated ?

Submitted by Kareem (not verified) on Sat, 25/02/2006 - 5:25pm

Not slick as the previous ones, have a look at my website and maybe you'll get the idea, i still like the Adc template.

Submitted by amr@www.gharbeia.net on Sat, 25/02/2006 - 2:13am

Now I should feel jealous and finish my theme and migrate. If you are the perfectionist I know: My username is a bit too long to fit in the yellow area :)

Good work, Sameer.

Submitted by Ahmad Gharbeia (not verified) on Sun, 26/02/2006 - 2:03am

Very nice ya Sameer!

I like it much better than the previous: It's more personal, has a human touch suitable for a blog and not yet another canned theme for some alphabet repository.

PNG transparency is supported by IE only when in 8-bit mode, not indexed.

Submitted by msameer on Sun, 26/02/2006 - 4:43pm

8bit ? Hmmmmmmmm, That's Ahmad :-)

What's 8bit and indexed anyway ;-)

Submitted by Ahmad Gharbeia (not verified) on Sun, 26/02/2006 - 6:56pm

8-bit per channel == 24 bit true color images
vs.
Indexed (pallete based) images

GIF is always indexed
JPEG is always true color
PNG supports both

Submitted by dina (not verified) on Mon, 27/02/2006 - 1:17pm

I just found out ya mohammad that you changed it,,that's wht you called me yday :-D
Yes, this one is better, at least there is a color ya3ni not bahtan 3ala nafsoh.

Submitted by search area codes (not verified) on Mon, 02/07/2007 - 10:10pm

I agree IE is frustrating and SUCKS!

Add new comment